Here are the sets we have created and are using
A swampy jungle Island and a boat of adventurer’s
We were task with creating abstract representations of a word using basic shapes and any techniques. I was given the word Spring. This is the digital week where i created 30 images using photoshop. My best are the series of transparent diamonds in the last 2 images as well as the 3 moving circle pieces in the first image.
The first lesson we were introduced to story boarding. We wrote a script and and drew story boards. (I do not know how to write a script)
The script- The golden seeded Tree
Moral of the story – Greed Kills
Here is my story boards
For the Group paper project we struggle initially with coming up with a good idea with the concept of space. Initially we were going to make a solar system but that was quickly shot down and we were told it was to literal. We then brainstormed the idea of making a rocket. This rocket would be adorned with all of our cultures, as we were a very diverse group. These patterns and adornments would be an homage to our ancestors mighty vessels with the designs and decorations covering them.
William Bardebes, who sat in on our class for the day then gave us a piece of advice that really stuck with me.
“A Bow suggests an Arrow, an Arrow suggest a Bow.”
So with this great advice on board we then moved onto the idea of the rocket scaffolding which we would create, playing into space from a different perspective of a void or space being left behind. We then did a quick sketch of what each of us envisioned as the final concept. Lelua’s image (1st picture) depicts a traditional launch pad with scaffolding on each side. Tristan’s image (2nd picture) however depicts the storage facility that holds the rocket which was a new point of view and idea we all liked. A quick google search of rocket storage facilities led me to this beautiful image (3rd picture) of a complex storage facility from NASA. Tristan’s idea as well, the image and talks with the lecturers helped to create our final idea of making a scaffold or mold of what represents us and/or our culture (4th picture).
So we started work on our molds and boxes. First I created a stencil in Illustrator.
I then glued in to six different pieces of cardboard to cut out each of the layers.
Once each layer had been cut out I glued them together created a box around the scarp layers behind to hide them. I spray painted the whole thing white as well as do a few touch ups here and there.
This is the final product of the kiwi. i think it looks pretty good. The only part that isn’t great are the corners which i tried to fix many times but couldn’t improve on them further.
This is the PDF of a mapping exercise. We did to establish what would happen when there are multiple deadlines to complete and how that may effect our live
I created a earth collashe using coloured card and cardboard. The purpose of this is to be part of an educational poster/graphic in soon to be the height of space exploration as we leave for mars in the near future. So as focus and interest is set upon the stars a friendly and understandable information source has to be available for the masses to understand and get behind.
My research was done threw examples on pinterest board – Paper Board
The earth is a prototype and example of what the other planets would look like.
These are the drawings for the paper project.
This is the 1st of the perspective drawings being 1 point perspective
This is the second Drawing which is 2 point perspective.
This is 3 point pespective
The next three images are my attempts of using atmospheric perspective
The next six images are all based on the previous drawings however using base materials of neutral tones such as browns and grays.
The goal for these two images was to use lighter and darker shades than the base material.
These images were done on the Found Field.
In these images we were instructed to use mix media so on the first image i used pastels and the second I added a colour to highlight the centre.
This images was linked to scale. This picture is 1m tall and 45cm wide. I drew the pot the same size in this image as i did the other previous images to illustrate that scale.
This essay talks about my exhibition collection about Doctor who and my interaction with the franchise
Doctor Who, 2011
I started watching doctor who in 2011 at the height of Matt Smith’s run as the Doctor and was instantly invested in the characters and franchise. I began buying the merchandise shortly after starting the show and I haven’t stopped since. This collection is important to me because they hold the memories of my childhood.